Cleaning blinds is one of those household chores that many people forget about. However, when blinds are left neglected, they can become soiled with dust, pet fur and all the other skin cells and dander that float around the home. It is important to know that cleaning your blinds can be important not just for visual reasons, but also for your health. If your window blinds go long enough without a good cleaning, dust can settle on the slats and end up irritating your lungs and sinuses. This can be especially uncomfortable for those who suffer from severe allergies and asthma. For the best results, you’ll want to dust once a week and do a deeper cleaning once or twice a year. Cleaning the blinds requires few materials and only takes a few minutes. Trust us, when you notice that your allergies have lessened and there aren’t as many dusty particles floating in the air, you’ll be grateful you spent the time to do a good clean.
Tips to Clean Your Blinds:-
- The most easy and cheap method to clean your blinds by vacuuming it. Vacuum the hanging slats regularly. It’s best to use a brush attachment when vacuuming vertical blinds and the bristles will help remove dust particles, and there is less a powerful suction when using the brush, so you can clean your blinds very gently.
- If you give simple cleaning to your blinds then it is also a very cheap method. In this method you put a clean soft cloth over your hand and dip your covered fingertips into a bowl of vinegar. Swipe your hand across the top and bottom of each slat and For vinyl, faux wood, and other less sensitive materials, run a microfiber cloth across each blind to reduce static cling and minimize the mess.
- If you have aluminium or plastic blinds then without effort, fill your bathtub with warm soapy water and soak your aluminium or plastic blinds in the water. Clean the slats with a cloth while they’re immersed then get the blinds out of the tub and dry off excess water gently with a towel.
- If you protect your blinds from dust then shut your blinds and gently spray them with any solution or if they’re wooden, furniture polish, to keep the dirt such as pet hair at bay.
Bobs Blinds Melbourne offers wide range of blinds manufacturing, installation and supply services:
- Panel Blinds Melbourne.
- Roman Blinds Melbourne.
- Security Doors Melbourne
- Plantation Shutters Melbourne.
- Roller Blinds Melbourne.
- Venetian Blinds Melbourne.
- Vertical Blinds Melbourne.